ACCURATE METAL PRODUCTS’ STEEL PROCESSING SERVICES
Our advanced facility, coupled with our expertise and dedication, ensures the steelmaking process at Accurate Metal Products is efficient and precise. Recognizing steel’s widespread use across various industries, we offer fully customized solutions to meet your project’s unique requirements.
Steel finds applications in diverse industries such as aerospace, automotive, food and beverage, mining, and more.
Typical Applications of Processed Steel:
- Electrical Appliances
We work collaboratively with you throughout the production process, providing regular updates and striving to meet your needs with our systematic and quality-focused approach.
UNDERSTANDING STEEL PROCESSING
Steel processing encapsulates the entire steelmaking process from start to finish. It entails handling raw materials, cutting and shaping steel, welding pieces, heat treating parts to enhance their strength, performing precise machining, and adding the final touches.
Key Steps in Steel Processing:
1. Melting and Casting: The process begins with raw materials like silicon, iron ore, chromium, and nickel, which are combined and melted together in a furnace for 8 to 12 The molten metal is then cast into different forms.
2. Forming: During this stage, the casts are hot-rolled, e., reheated and pressed through hot rollers to shape them into sheets, plates, or strips.
3. Annealing: Annealing is crucial as it removes internal stress within the newly formed This process involves heating the metal once again, followed by controlled cooling.
4. Descaling: Post-annealing, a build-up forms on the steel’s surface that must be removed through processes such as electro-cleaning or
5. Cutting: Once the surface build-up is eliminated, the metal is cut into the desired parts using standard techniques like shearing, punching, guillotining, or
6. Finishing: The final step involves treating the metal to enhance its corrosion resistance and surface Depending on specific requirements, the steel may be coated with oil, paint, or powder.
About Thermal Stress Relieving
Thermal stress relieving is crucial to alleviate or eliminate internal stresses within a metal component or assembly, which can result from previous manufacturing operations such as cutting, forming, machining, or welding. If not properly managed, these stresses can lead to distortion, fracturing, and other damages.
The stress relieving process generally involves:
1. Heating: The component is heated to a temperature sufficient to lower the yield strength to a point where internal stresses can relieve The heating duration is a minimum of one hour or until the entire piece reaches the desired temperature.
2. Cooling: Once fully heated, the component is removed from the furnace and cooled in still The cooling process must be slow enough to prevent the formation or introduction of thermal stresses.
Stress relieving is applicable to various materials from metal to plastic and ferrous to non-ferrous, with temperatures ranging between 800 to 1,300° F for steel.
Benefits of Stress Relieving:
- Reduces the risk of material cracking or deformation in future heat treatment operations
- Enhances machinability of metals after heat treatment
- Improves component performance in the intended application
- Enhances component resistance to volatile environments
TRUST ACCURATE METAL PRODUCTS FOR YOUR STEEL PROCESSING NEEDS
For any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also request a quote, and we will strive to provide a solution tailored to your needs. Choose Accurate Metal Products for high-quality, customized steel processing services.